Alderley Edge and Knutsford was formed as a new Circuit in 1864 growing out of the Macclesfield
Circuit and has been enabling the mission of the Methodist Church in the local towns and villages
ever since. Situated in a rural area of North East Cheshire, the Circuit comprises churches in Alderley Edge, Knutsford and in the villages of Mottram St Andrew, Mobberley, Plumley and Snelson.
The Alderley Edge and Knutsford Circuit exists to nurture and grow healthy Churches* which are
rooted in Christ, to reflect the love of God to all people so that we may all be transformed by
knowing and following Jesus.
We believe the Christian faith is fostered in communities of love where Christ is at the centre. We
have a desire to work with God’s Spirit to see our Churches grow, to foster new communities of faith, to enable passionate worship, intentional faith development, loving service, and caring mission.
* Healthy churches are rooted in Christ, grow and show the fruit of the Spirit that is ‘love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.’ Galatians 5.22